British Youth Music Theatre is a national performing arts education charity and the largest commissioner of new musicals in the UK. Every year we engage around 2000 11-21 year olds in our auditions, workshops, Young Company and projects; BYMT helps young people and developing artists to navigate and further their training and careers in the arts.
As an Arts Council England National Portfolio Organisation and National Youth Music Organisation, we ensure that youth voice is at the heart of everything we do.
BYMT’s mission is to create opportunities for young people and early career creatives from all backgrounds to develop theatre skills and enhance wellbeing, through the collaborative and inclusive process of making original music theatre.
BYMT’s vision is to transform perceptions of musical theatre, be the leading voice in youth music theatre and be internationally recognised as the UK’s most prolific creator of new musicals.
- Being inclusive and making everything we do accessible
- Taking responsibility for developing and nurturing collaborative processes
- Inspiring environmental responsibility within our staff and young people
- Creating space for young people and artists to value their voices
- Committing to making new work through new approaches