BYMT is the leading musical theatre company for young people. We work across the UK and Ireland with West End professionals to offer unique opportunities and high-quality training to young people. Our alumni include Ed Sheeran, Sam Smith, Lauren Samuels, Charlotte Ritchie, Jack Bence, Lucy Griffiths, Luke McCall, Bradley Jaden and many more!
CREATE A BRAND NEW SHOW IN JUST 6 DAYS!
BYMT's Easter Camp is a 6-day activity holiday providing intensive, creative training in musical theatre for anyone aged 11-17. It's designed for young people looking to explore their potential and develop their acting, singing, movement, writing and instrumental playing abilities. It also offers a Grade 6 Certificate in Musical Theatre accredited by Trinity College London. You'll work with top theatre professionals and create a brand new show in just a week. Easter Camp does not require an audition - so get booking as it's first come, first served!
The Box of Delights
Based on the much-loved children fantasy novel by John Masefield which was adapted for the small screen by the BBC in the 1980s, this new show will take you on a fantastic adventure full of magic, suspense, wolves and flying ponies! If you loved Harry Potter, you'll love being part of this show!
Strange things begin to happen the minute young Kay Harker boards the train to go home for Christmas. A magical old man has asked Kay to protect the Box of Delights, a box that can travel through time. But Kay is in danger: Abner Brown will stop at nothing to get his hands on it...
There's snow on the wind, can you hear the wolves running?
What happens on Musical Theatre Easter Camp?
• Create and perform a brand new musical based around a theme or concept facilitated by a professional theatre director
• Develop skills in drama, acting, singing, movement, lyric writing and instrumental playing
• Work with a professional artistic team - we only employ experienced working theatre professionals to deliver these courses
• Boost your confidence, self-esteem and teamwork - social skills you'll use everyday and forever
• Gain a Grade 6 certificate in Musical Theatre in Production - Trinity College examiners attend every performance to assess the groups achievements
• Contribute to Arts Award or Duke of Edinburgh Award - build our Easter Camp into your other award schemes to build your portfolio
• Make friends with like-minded people from different backgrounds - and stay in touch for years into the future
• Stay away from home in university or boarding school - we provide plenty of food and 24-hour pastoral care!
We promise you an exciting, theatrical week full of song, dance and drama!
What participants say
“It gave me the confidence to believe in myself and my abilities” Annabel, 12, Kent
"I don't know if anything will ever be as amazing as my time with BYMT! Thank you to everyone - cast, crew and chaperones." Kane, 12, Plymouth
"BYMT produces friends from different backgrounds and cultures. It bridges gaps between people who might never cross paths." Felix, 16, Birmingham
Venue: Warminster School
Address: Church St, Warminster BA12 8PJ
Warminster School is located in a peaceful and attractive rural setting on the edge of Salisbury Plain. With good road and rail links Warminster School is a little under two hours from London by train and within easy reach of Bath, Bristol and Salisbury.
BYMT courses are heavily subsidied by Arts Council England as well as various other brilliant funders, and as a not-for-profit organisation the course fees help us to cover our costs. The course fee covers full board accommodation, the highest quality tuition, and 24-hour pastoral care.
Please note, this is a brand new course from BYMT which has a minimum requirement of 22 students to be able to go ahead. In the unlikely event that we will be unable to fill the places, the course will be cancelled and you will receive a full refund.
There are two ways you can pay your course fee: (1) In full OR (2) A deposit with three subsequent instalments.
Domestic students - £625 (deposit: £175), domestic is classified as British/Irish taxpayers.
Overseas students - £725 (deposit: £200), overseas is classified as non-British/Irish taxpayers, living outside UK or Ireland.
We are taking the welfare of our staff, young people and families seriously. We will take all necessary precautions to ensure that the course is run as safely as possible and this may mean additional health precautions. Please note that the venue may be subject to change in line with Covid-19 guidance and venue policy updates. For more information please read our Terms & Conditions.
How to book?
- Book Online: Directly through this page!
- Book by Phone: If you would like to book your Easter Camp with one of the BYMT team, please call us on: 020 8563 7725