CREATE A BRAND NEW SHOW IN JUST 6 DAYS AND GET A FREE AUDITION FOR BYMT'S SUMMER PROJECTS!
Easter Camp is a one week activity holidays providing intensive, creative training in musical theatre for anyone aged 11-17. It's designed for young people looking to explore their potential and develop their acting, singing, movement, writing and instrumental playing abilities. It also offers a Grade 6 Certificate in Musical Theatre accredited by Trinity College London. You'll work with top theatre professionals and create a brand new show in just a week. Easter Camp does not require an audition - so get booking as it's first come, first served!
Also, for the first time ever, we are building an audition for our Summer productions into the one week Easter camp! In one three hour session the staff audition all the group members in the same way that they hold open auditions in February. Results are graded and some young people may be offiered places on our Summer Shows after the camp is over.
What happens on Musical Theatre Easter Camp? You will -
- Create and perform a brand new musical based around a theme or concept facilitated by a professional theatre director
- Get a free audition for BYMT's summer projects
- Develop skills in drama, acting, singing, movement, lyric writing and instrumental playing
- Work with a professional artistic team - we only employ experienced working theatre professionals to deliver these courses
- Boost your confidence, self-esteem and teamwork - social skills you'll use everyday and forever
- Gain a Grade 6 certificate in Musical Theatre in Production - Trinity College examiners attend every performance to assess the groups achievements
- Contribute to Arts Award or Duke of Edinburgh Award - build our Easter Camp into your other award schemes to build your portfolio
- Make friends with like-minded people from different backgrounds - and stay in touch for years into the future
- Stay away from home in university or boarding school - we provide plenty of food and 24-hour pastoral care!
We promise you an exciting, theatrical week full of song, dance and drama!
What participants say
“It gave me the confidence to believe in myself and my abilities” Annabel, 12, Kent
"I don't know if anything will ever be as amazing as my time with BYMT! Thank you to everyone - cast, crew and chaperones." Kane, 12, Plymouth
"BYMT produces friends from different backgrounds and cultures. It bridges gaps between people who might never cross paths." Felix, 16, Birmingham
Venue: Godolphin School
Address: Godolphin School, Milford Hill, Salisbury, Wilts, SP1 2RA
Set in beautiful grounds just a five minute walk from Salisbury city centre, The Godolphin School is an independent boarding school in Wiltshire, England, founded in 1726.
BYMT courses are heavily subsidied by Arts Council England as well as various other brilliant funders, and as a not-for-profit organisation the course fees help us to cover our costs. The course fee covers full board accommodation, the highest quality tuition, and 24-hour pastoral care.
Please note, this is a brand new course from BYMT which has a minimum requirement of 12 students to be able to go ahead. In the unlikely event that we will be unable to fill the places, the course will be cancelled and your deposit will be refunded in full. We will let participants know by Monday 2 March 2020.
There are two ways you can pay your course fee: (1) In full OR (2) A deposit with three subsequent instalments.
Domestic students - £625 (deposit: £125), domestic is classified as British/Irish taxpayers.
Overseas students - £725 (deposit: £125), overseas is classified as non-British/Irish taxpayers, living outside UK or Ireland.
How to book?
- Book Online: Directly through this page!
- Book by Phone: If you would like to book your Easter Camp with one of the BYMT team, please call us on: 020 8563 7725
- Book by Post: Please download the Easter Camp Postal Booking Form, complete and return to: British Youth Music Theatre, Mountview, 120 Peckham Hill St, London SE15 5JT