SUNDAY 22 OCT, 1:00PM - FRIDAY 27 OCT, 3:00PM
The Power of Camelot
Director: Cerys Jones
Musical Director: TBC
The power of Camelot has been lost for centuries, hiding itself from evil forces of the land. But, when Morgan finds a relic of Camelot, they’ll embark on a quest, with the help of an unlikely band of guardians, to restore the power to it’s rightful owner. But who is that?
Come and develop ideas for this thrilling and magical new musical through drama, dance and song, inspired by the Arthurian legends and Celtic music.
What are BYMT Camps?
BYMT Camps are one week activity holidays providing intensive, creative training in musical theatre for anyone aged 11-17. They are designed for young people looking to explore their potential and develop their acting, singing, movement, writing and instrumental playing abilities. They also offer a Grade 6 Certificate in Musical Theatre accredited by Trinity College London. You'll work with top theatre professionals and create a brand new show in just a week on these exciting residential projects. Summer Camps do not require an audition - so get booking as it's first come, first served!
"Oyiye came back from Summer Camp a totally changed person - more resilient, more grown up, more self-confident. The following year he auditioned for BYMT productions and was succesful. His journey has been truly amazing for us all. And he has the Certificates to prove it!" Carmel Beirne-Francis, Head of Drama, Newman Catholic College, London.
What happens on a Music Theatre Autumn Camp? You will -
- Create and perform a brand new musical based around a theme or concept facilitated by a professional theatre director
- Develop skills in drama, acting, singing, movement, lyric writing and instrumental playing
- Work with a professional artistic team - we only employ experienced working theatre professionals to deliver these courses
- Boost your confidence, self-esteem and teamwork - social skills you'll use everyday and forever
- Gain a Grade 6 certificate in Musical Theatre in Production - Trinity College examiners attend every performance to assess the groups achievements
- Contribute to Arts Award or Duke of Edinburgh Award - build our Easter Camps into your other award schemes to build your portfolio
- Make friends with like-minded people from different backgrounds - and stay in touch for years into the future
- Stay away from home in university or boarding school - we provide plenty of food and 24-hour pastoral care!
What participants say
- “It gave me the confidence to believe in myself and my abilities” Annabel, 12, Kent
- "I don't know if anything will ever be as amazing as my time with BYMT! Thank you to everyone - cast, crew and chaperones" Kane, 12, Plymouth
- "BYMT produces friends from different backgrounds and cultures. It bridges gaps between people who might never cross paths" Felix, 16, Birmingham
Venue: Godolphin School
Address: Godolphin School, Milford Hill, Salisbury, Wilts, SP1 2RA
Set in beautiful grounds just a five minute walk from Salisbury city centre, The Godolphin School is an independent boarding school in Wiltshire, England, founded in 1726.
BYMT courses are heavily subsidised by Arts Council England as well as various other brilliant funders, and as a not-for-profit organisation the course fees help us to cover our costs. The course fee covers full board accommodation, the highest quality tuition, and 24-hour pastoral care.
There are two ways you can pay your course fee: (1) In full OR (2) A deposit with three subsequent instalments.
Domestic students - £675 (deposit: £225), domestic is classified as British/Irish taxpayers.
Overseas students - £775 (deposit: £325), overseas is classified as non-British/Irish taxpayers, living outside UK or Ireland.
How to book?
Book Online: Directly through this page!
Book by Phone: If you would like to book your camp with one of the BYMT team, please call us on: 020 8563 7725
Check out our BYMT Camps FAQ here.