ENJOY A CHRISTMAS FULL OF MUSICAL THEATRE!
This winter, BYMT is launching its first Musical Theatre Christmas Camp! Just like our other Musical Theatre Camps, BYMT's Christmas Camp is a one week activity holidays providing intensive, creative training in musical theatre for anyone aged 11-17. It's designed for young people looking to explore their potential and develop their acting, singing, movement, writing and instrumental playing abilities. It also offers a Grade 6 Certificate in Musical Theatre accredited by Trinity College London. You'll work with top theatre professionals and create a brand new show in just a week. Christmas Camp does not require an audition - so get booking as it's first come, first served!
Christmas in the City
With music by Composer Bella Barlow of Barlow & Smith, Christmas in the City is an extravaganza full of Christmas stories from Charles Dickens, Mark Twain, Hans Christian Anderson and you, the young people involved in the project. It’ll have some songs from Barlow & Smith's album Christmas in the City as well as others newly written. It’ll have fantastic dance routines, snow, Home Alone, London fog, Santa Claus and anything else we can think of. You’ll need to bring plenty of wrapping paper, tinsel, Santa hats and party poppers. Who else is looking forward to Christmas?!
What happens on Musical Theatre Christmas Camp?
• Create and perform a brand new musical based around a theme or concept facilitated by a professional theatre director
• Develop skills in drama, acting, singing, movement, lyric writing and instrumental playing
• Work with a professional artistic team - we only employ experienced working theatre professionals to deliver these courses
• Boost your confidence, self-esteem and teamwork - social skills you'll use everyday and forever
• Gain a Grade 6 certificate in Musical Theatre in Production - Trinity College examiners attend every performance to assess the groups achievements
• Contribute to Arts Award or Duke of Edinburgh Award - build our Christmas Camp into your other award schemes to build your portfolio
• Make friends with like-minded people from different backgrounds - and stay in touch for years into the future
• Stay away from home in university or boarding school - we provide plenty of food and 24-hour pastoral care!
We promise you an exciting, theatrical week full of song, dance and drama!
What participants say
“It gave me the confidence to believe in myself and my abilities” Annabel, 12, Kent
"I don't know if anything will ever be as amazing as my time with BYMT! Thank you to everyone - cast, crew and chaperones." Kane, 12, Plymouth
"BYMT produces friends from different backgrounds and cultures. It bridges gaps between people who might never cross paths." Felix, 16, Birmingham
Venue: University of Roehampton
Address: Roehampton Ln, London SW15 5PU
Set on London's most beautiful campus, the University of Roehampton offers a high-quality student experience with outstanding staff and facilities. We have full use of the university drama and dance studios.
Please note that the venue may be subject to change in line with Covid-19 guidance and venue policy updates.
BYMT courses are subsidied by Arts Council England as well as various other very supportive funders, and as a not-for-profit organisation the course fees help us to cover our costs. The course fee covers full board accommodation, the highest quality tuition, and 24-hour pastoral care. All staff have enhanced DBS checks.
Please note, this is a brand new course from BYMT which has a minimum requirement of 19 students to be able to go ahead. In the unlikely event that we will be unable to fill the places, the course will be cancelled and your deposit will be refunded in full.
There are two ways you can pay your course fee: (1) In full OR (2) A deposit with three subsequent instalments.
Domestic students - £690 (deposit: £240), domestic is classified as British/Irish taxpayers.
Overseas students - £790 (deposit: £265), overseas is classified as non-British/Irish taxpayers, living outside UK or Ireland.
We are very aware of the level of concern about the risks from coronavirus and are closely following Government and Public Health England (PHE) advice so we can monitor and plan accordingly. We will take all necessary precautions to ensure that the courses are run as safely as possible and this may mean additional health precautions. In the unlikely event that the government forces us to cancel the course, you will promptly receive a full refund of the course fee. If for any reason you have to cancel your booking, please be aware that our activities are not refundable (as per our terms and conditions). We strongly advise all our participants to subscribe to a holiday/travel insurance.
How to book?
- Book Online: Directly through this page! Head back up to the top of the page and make your choice of the four options in the right hand column.
- Book by Phone: If you would like to book your Christmas Camp with one of the BYMT team, or if you have any questions about the course, please call us on: 020 8563 7725