Summer Camps are fun-filled summer activity holidays providing intense, creative training in musical theatre for anyone aged 11-17 looking to explore their potential and develop their acting, singing and dancing abilities. You'll work with top theatre professionals and create a brand new show in just a week on these exciting residential projects. Summer Camps do not require an audition - so get booking as it's first come, first served!
The Great Gatsby
Welcome to the Jazz Age - Jay Gatsby is throwing one of his infamous parties and everyone is invited.
In a hot summer during the Roaring Twenties, young Nick Carraway moves to West Egg, Long Island where he learns that some secrets are too dangerous to be spoken about out loud. Nick’s cousin Daisy speaks in riddles and can’t disguise the sadness in her eyes, Daisy’s husband Tom keeps disappearing to the ‘valley of ashes’ and great parties are thrown in the mansion next door but the host never shows his face. Nick quickly becomes entangled in a series of events that will change his life and of those around him, forever.
In this new adaptation of F. Scott Fitzgerald’s classic novel, join us as the rebellious and the carefree transport us through a story of love, vengeance and the American Dream.
What happens on a Musical Theatre Summer Camp?
• Create and perform a brand new musical
• Develop skills in drama, acting, singing and movement
• Work with a professional artistic team
• Boost confidence, self-esteem and teamwork skills
• Gain a Grade 6 certificate in Musical Theatre in Production from Trinity College London
• Contribute to Arts Award or Duke of Edinburgh Award
• Make friends with like-minded people from different backgrounds
• Stay in residential accommodation with 24-hour pastoral care
We promise you an exciting, theatrical week full of song, dance and drama.
What participants say
“It gave me the confidence to believe in myself and my abilities” Annabel, 12, Kent
"I don't know if anything will ever be as amazing as my time with BYMT! Thank you to everyone - cast, crew and chaperones." Kane, 12, Plymouth
"BYMT produces friends from different backgrounds and cultures. It bridges gaps between people who might never cross paths." Felix, 16, Birmingham