Write for Winter Competition
We are thrilled to present our Write for Winter Competition 2020!
Submit your best wintry songs, poems or short stories for a chance to have your work recorded by industry professionals and published online on Christmas Eve! Other prizes include festive goodie boxes!
Applicants can enter in three age categories: 11-15, 16-20 and 21+. The deadline is midnight on Sunday 22 November.
We are also extremely proud and thankful to announce that the winners for each category will be chosen by award-winning director and writer Steven Dexter (Honk, Loserville) for the 11-15 age bracket; award-winning writer and musical comedian Rosie Dempsey (Flo & Joan) for the 16-20 age bracket; and Olivier Award-winning actor Clive Rowe MBE (Guys and Dolls, The Story of Tracy Beaker) for the 21+.
We are hoping that this competition will bring you a bit of joy and creativity this winter!
Tell your friends, family and even the neighbours!
Our Write for Winter Competition is now closed. A huge thank you for the overwhelming response!
• Entry for the competition is free.
• The competition is open to anyone aged 11 or over.
• There are three age categories for entry: 11-15 years old, 16-20 years old and 21+.
• Entries for the Competition may comprise of songs, poems or short stories.
• All entries should have a winter theme and must be written in English.
• Each entry must be the entrant's own original work.
• Songs must be typewritten and recorded as an audio or video file (.mp3, .wav, or .mp4) and can be accompanied by sheet music and backing track. Songs should be no longer than 3 minutes.
• Short stories and poems must be typewritten and no longer than 800 words. They can be accompanied with an audio or video file.
• The deadline is midnight on Sunday 22 November.
• Shortlisted participants will be announced on Monday 14 December.
• The winner of each category will be announced on Friday 18 December.
• The three winners will have their work performed by industry professionals and receive a festive goodie box.
• All shortlisted participants will also receive a festive goodie box.
• Read the full Terms & Conditions here.
If you have any questions or encounter any issues with your application, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org