BYMT's new Fundraising Campaign - Access To The Arts
2020 has been a very challenging year for everyone. The UK's entire arts industry is closed down and unable to work, people are losing their jobs, families are facing financial difficulties, young people are stuck at home and isolated from their friends and any creative activity. In such crazy times it's vitally important to help and support each other.
As we come out of the lockdown young people need creative and inspiring activities more than ever – to reconnect with people, reengage with learning, develop new skills and be stimulated positively. BYMT's life-changing projects are the best way to unleash young people's creativity, help them to express themselves, meet new like-minded friends and have the most exciting and exhilarating experience while creating a full-scale musical theatre show. Since 2003 BYMT has been nurturing young talent and investing in the future of musical theatre.
Every year we offer a place to 100 young people who would be unable to participate without a bursary. And each year we give them all bursaries that cover up to 75% of the course fees.
However, this year we have seen an increase in demand for our bursary places due to Covid-19, with many families in financial difficulty. We believe that theatre is a place for everyone, regardless of background or financial circumstances. That is why we are launching our new fundraising campaign ACCESS TO THE ARTS which is aiming to raise £10,000 towards our bursaries and to make the arts accessible for everyone. The campaign will run throughout all July starting from next Monday 13 July.
Today we need your help more than ever!
We are calling on all our young people and their parents to join forces and help us to achieve this goal. Everybody can get involved and help us to spread the word or to add some personal message to it.
There are 3 ways you can help:
1. Donate to our ACCESS TO THE ARTS campaign. You can just press the Donate button HERE and give any amount to the campaign. Every penny brings us closer to the goal. We also offer our donors some complimentary gifts: donation of £30+ receives a BYMT fridge magnet, donation of £50+ receives a BYMT water bottle, donation of £100+ receives an exclusive BYMT t-shirt
2. Create supporting video content for us. Record a video where you are showcasing your talent (singing, acting or dancing) and/or telling how beneficial your experience with BYMT has been and encouraging people to donate. You can share this video on social media using tag @britymt and #BYMTAccessToTheArts, or you can send it to email@example.com
3. Please join our fundraising team. Create your fundraising page, set your target as £100 and help us achieve our goal. Every BYMT Fundraiser who reaches the target will get a free limited edition BYMT T-shirt, a water bottle, a fridge magnet, plus an exclusive masterclass with one of our top theatre practitioners.
To join our fundraising team please follow the instructions below:
- Please click HERE and sign up with an email address or your Facebook account
- Fill in the form and click continue.
- Please select “Taking part in an existing event” and click continue.
- Select existing event: “British Youth Music Theatre – ACCESS TO THE ARTS” and click continue.
- Set your target as £100 and click continue.
- Upload a profile picture and click continue.
- Keep the current header image as it is, click continue.
- Add a title to your page i.e. “Emily’s Fundraising Page” and write a few words on why you are fundraising for BYMT and click continue.
- Custom URL – just keep it as it is.
- You can now preview your page and click finish.
- Well done! You are now all set to start your campaign! Thanks for supporting BYMT and good luck!
We really hope that you will join us on 13 July for the launch of the campaign and together we will make theatre a diverse place that everyone can enjoy.